Discussion Board Guidelines
Welcome to the Philly Parent Circle Community!!
The beauty of this community is that it attracts members of different cultures, experiences, opinions and preferences and one thing is certain – people will disagree. They will disagree on parenting philosophy, best products, schools, camps, and more. These disagreements bring on debates and these debates promote active discussion on our Boards. We welcome productive debates but ask that you remain respectful and not use these Boards for any interpersonal disputes. If you feel you cannot offer friendly advice to a fellow caregiver, please just move on and go to the next post or section of the site.
This is largely a self-governing community intended to be a positive vehicle to share joy, experience, questions, advice and laughter. While we expect that the vast majority of members and conversations will be civil and productive, we understand that realistically, they will be times where we run into someone confrontational or pushing a certain agenda. Please try to ignore these types of users and please feel free to report inappropriate behavior directly to email@example.com in the case that we don't catch the offenders first. Please enjoy the site and provided you come with a little sense of humor, an open mind, your honest opinions and your wonderful intentions, we are confident you will love these Boards as much as we do.
- Post carefully! Posts cannot be edited once they are submitted. As a member you remain solely responsible for the content of your messages and behavior.
- You have only 15 minutes before you get timed out. If you find that the kid is interrupting your posting or your reply will be a long explanation, type your reply in a word document and then paste it in the discussion board.
- We reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. However, we want to keep removal of posts to a minimum.
- We do not allow membership sharing with others including your friends and babysitters. If we notice a post submitted by a person who is not an account owner we will send the account holder a warning and delete the post. After the third instance of account sharing we will inactivate account without refunding a membership fee.
- As a member you remain solely responsible for the content of your messages and behavior. Postings must be family-friendly. Objectionable language and images, including but not limited to profanity, obscenity, vulgarity, racial slurs, hate speech, personal insults, hostile comments and threatening language, will not be tolerated. All the standard curse words are banned. Additionally, clever spellings of words to get around our profanity filter are viewed the same way as the words themselves and could get you in trouble.
- We do not allow members to advertise businesses on the discussion board. Users affiliated with a business or property being discussed must identify themselves as such. If you own a company and someone is asking about it, please do feel free to comment. Just disclose who you are in the spirit of transparency and genuine response. If we notice a post submitted by a person soliciting for business we will send the account holder a warning and delete the post. After the second instance we will inactivate the account without refunding a membership fee.
- No harassing or impersonating other users.
- Every person is limited to screen name. Members with multiple screen names will be banned.
- No posting copyrighted material. We ask members not to provide any information that they do not have the permission to make available, such as copyrighted material, trademarks, passwords, confidential information, or intellectual property of any other person.
- No posting contact or personal information about another individual without their permission. It should be pointed out here that if you include your personal information (e-mail address, phone number, street address, or IM name, for example) in a Forum post, it will be viewed and potentially used by any and all who see it... including people you’d probably rather not hear from. Also, if you don’t want people here to know your real name, don’t include any version of it in your screen name.
- No impersonation of ppc staff or volunteer postings on behalf of ppc.
- You must be at least 13 years old to post.
- We don’t give out anyone else’s contact information for privacy and safety reasons.